POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GIF animations : GIF animations Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  GIF animations
From: Scott Reid
Date: 6 Mar 2000 12:26:45
Message: <38C3F7CB.EEF8457C@home.com>
I just tried my first animation with POVray, creating a GIF
animation.  When I used the result as Wallpaper on my PIII it couldn't
handle it properly, although it looked fine in Paint Shop Pro. Is there
a way to get smooth, clear animation of a reasonable size and complexity
using the GIF format? Should I be using a different format? Why did it
work well in PSP, but not on my Desktop?
  BTW, I'd like to thank whoever it was that posted the code for the
revolving camera, but I forget who it was.  :)  I learned about a number
of things through playing with that scene...